Hi. I'm Kris.
I originally wrote this outline as a sex ed class for high school age boys. It was inspired by all of the things I wish I had learned as a teenager (like safe sex practices, sex toy info, birth control options, anatomy lessons, personal hygiene, etc.) + the thought of how great it would've been to have someone to talk to about it all. I have always been curious by nature about human sexuality, relationship dynamics, and the root of the overwhelmingly squeamish attitude surrounding anything having to do with sex. Plus, my partner is a doula and many of our friends are midwives - so reproduction, sexual health, and birth are common topics of discussion in our circle. As I started to share this outline and the topics covered, I got an overwhelming response asking, "Will you teach this class to adults, too?!" I realized how important this information was to living a healthy life and having great relationships and that not everyone was lucky enough to have grown into adulthood and magically learned it all. A webinar seemed like a great way to get this important information to the masses, and is more comfortable for most in that you don't have to squirm in a chair for an afternoon in a room full of strangers talking about the most intimate topics under the sun. I'll leave about 30 minutes at the end of the webinar to answer any questions that come up - you can just type them in the chat box anonymously - no one will know it's you :)
I hope you'll join me next week! Scroll down for the list of topics we'll discuss, and feel free to read more about me and my background by clicking here.
Want to sign up? Awesome! Enter your email address below and you'll be sent registration info.
Here's a sample of the topics we'll cover:
- Foreskin - what its functions are, why it’s there, how the mechanics of sex are affected if it’s not there, how you can restore it if you don’t have one
- Anal Sex - If you’re gonna do it, here’s what you need to know, what to do if things go awry
- Cock Rings - Why they can be cool and what types to avoid
- Sex Toys - what kinds to buy, what types of materials to avoid
- Lube - how to spot and avoid toxic crap
- Safe sex- things that could hurt or end someone up in the hospital
- Practicing safe(r) sex - birth control methods, talking to your partner about birth control
- STI’s - why you want to avoid them, ways you can transmit them that you probably didn’t realize, feeling comfortable making an appointment with a physician or clinic, talking to your partner about STI’s and prevention.
- Pregnancy, Abortion, and birth options
- Relationship structures, jealousy, monogamy, polyamory, infidelity
- The pillars of sex positivity
- Healthy boundaries and respect
- The Vagina - Don’t be scared, here’s what to do
- Pubic Hair
- Masculine/feminine sexual polarity
- The difference between porn and reality
- Your taint and prostate - the most underrated erogenous zone
- Online dating
- Getting turned on - men vs women
- The lost art of kissing
- Date rape and drugs
- Sexual orientation: existing on a spectrum
- Personal hygiene, diet and fitness
- Kissing and telling vs purposeful discourse- protecting the intimacy and privacy of your sex/love life
- Book/Reading list, websites, resources
- SO much more!