Go Make This Pie Right Now. C'mon. Do it.
For the crust...
I mean - make your own crust if you have a great one, otherwise:
In a food processor blend:
- 1 and 1/4 cup flour (it's fine if you want to poison yourself with toxic, dead store bought flour, but you can also easily sprout and grind your own wheat berries for an amazingly flavorful intact healthy flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 stick of butter, cut into chunks (if you're not using kerry gold butter, I'm not even sure what to say)
When all the chunks of butter are gone and it looks all crumbly and weird, add 4 tbsp. ice water (one tbsp at a time, and keep the machine running the whole time). Then it will just magically turn into a ball of dough. Pop it in the freezer while you're getting the filling ready.
For the filling...
In a large bowl, whisk:
- 1 cup sour cream (made from organic, local dairy, if you can)
- 1 egg (from happy, free-range chickens, if you can)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla (start making your own if you're not already. just soak some damn vanilla pods in bourbon for 6 weeks and boom. it's the best thing ever)
- 1/2 tsp real salt, not the crap table salt
Then gently fold in 2.5 cups of blueberries. Spring for the organic ones, because blueberries are pretty fucking high on the naughty list. The tiny cute organic ones from Trader Joes are especially perfect.
Now roll out your crust and put in your pie dish. Pour in the filling and bake at 400 for 25 minutes. While it's baking, make your crumbly top:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
Mix all this together with your fingers - there's no other way. Once most of the big chunks of butter are gone, add 1/2 cup of pecans. After your pie has baked for the 25 minutes, sprinkle the crumbly top - you guessed it - on top, and then bake an additional 20 minutes.
This pie is spectacular hot or cold the next day. Please enjoy.